If you thought eating clean meant giving up snacks, think again. I love healthy snacks and within this page you’ll find a variety of different resources to keep the pounds off while snacking throughout the day. Towards the bottom of this page you’ll find a photo gallery that contains additional snack ideas and resources (e.g., posters and charts).
In general, fresh fruits and vegetables are an ideal snack choice because these foods are naturally low in calories, while high in health promoting nutrients including dietary fiber. One of the great things about a plant-based lifestyle is the fact that it is a lifestyle of abundance, rather than restriction.
Considering energy requirements vary from person-to-person based upon age, sex, and activity level, please feel free to adjust the examples contained within this page to meet your personal dietary preferences and energy requirements.
1. Avocado toast.
2. Apple slices with fresh peanut butter.
3. Sprouted whole grain tortilla with fresh peanut butter and banana slices.
4. Banana sandwich with fresh peanut butter and sprouted whole grain bread.
5. Sprouted whole grain tortilla with fresh peanut butter, vegan dark chocolate chips (more than 72% cacao), and unsweetened coconut flakes (see example in photo gallery below).
6. Oatmeal. Optional toppings include hulled hemp, bananas, peaches, apples, cinnamon, maple sugar, dried fruit, raw nut butter, chia seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts, pecans, almonds, sunflower seeds, smoothie base (simply blend up a smoothie and add it to your oatmeal).
7. Fresh smoothie. For recipe inspiration visit the page titled Smoothies.
8. Fresh fruit with non-dairy yogurt and mixed nuts.
9. Quinoa superfood bowl. You can prepare quinoa savory or sweet.
10. Veggie wrap made with collard greens or a sprouted whole grain tortilla. You can fill your wrap with fresh leafy greens, fresh guacamole, quinoa, sliced bell peppers and tomatoes, diced onions, and sprouts.
11. Bean dip with fresh veggies. I make refried beans using my blender. Instructions: Prepare black beans as usual (soak and slow cook with seasonings of choice), and then blend to desired consistency using your blender (with or without additional seasonings).
12. DIY trail mix. Consider raw pistachios, almonds, walnuts, cashews, and dried fruit (see photo gallery below for an example).
13. Fresh vegetables with dip of choice (e.g., salsa, hummus, guacamole, bean dip, peanut butter, salad dressing, etc.).
14. Banana skewers with strawberries and fresh peanut butter.
15. Banana nice cream with toppings of choice. Instructions: Freeze two peeled bananas overnight and blend them in your blender or food processor until smooth. You can flavor or top your vegan “ice cream” with fresh peanut butter, raw cacao powder and/or nibs, dark chocolate chips, granola or whole grain cereal, unsweetened coconut flakes, fresh strawberries, raw nuts and seeds (e.g., pistachios), vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, and even avocado.
16. Fresh banana milk (recipe here).
17. Baked sweet potato (see inspiration below). Bake potatoes without aluminum foil (aluminum is a neurotoxin that leaches into food when heated).
18. Baked potato. Topping options include iodized salt, hulled hemp seeds, chives, baked beans, steamed spinach, and nutritional yeast. Bake potatoes without aluminum foil (aluminum is a neurotoxin that leaches into food when heated).
19. Celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins.
20. Frozen grapes.
21. My personal favorite: two bananas with two handfuls of raw mixed raw nuts.
To learn more about my lifestyle, visit the page titled Rebel Lifestyle.
To view photos of my grub, check out the page titled Rebel Grub.
To view meal planning information, head over to the page Meal Planning.
To view shopping lists, visit the page titled Shopping Lists.
Posters and Charts
To view my posters and charts, hit up the page titled Posters.
Pinterest and Facebook
Posters and Charts
Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a CC BY-NC-ND 4.0 license. This means you are free to use my work for personal use (e.g., save the file to your computer or share via social media) as long as you do not modify the image or use the image for commercial purposes ($). Thanks! Dana